thank you!! i have a few worlds, and most of them are very much like ours. and that'd be boring for these specific questions, so i'll muse about maia's craftworld for a bit.
🚗What transport is available?
It's the future and it's in space!! Most "ground" vehicles hover in some way. Maia prefers single-rider bikes. Proper space ships for fast, far travel are common too. Maia in particular makes use of one that stores one of the mentioned bikes so she can easily explore and travel no matter the planet.
🎭What do they do for entertainment, usually?
The Eldar population is smaller than it once was and much more spread out than it once was. I don't think proper sports or other entertainment is common. But I think wargames might be--tournaments for warriors between different craftworlds.
🔪What sorts of weapons are there?
Maia in particular uses a powerful sniper rifle with plasma for ammunition and a range suitable for her intense eyesight. There are lot of melee weapons out there, but few things beat a simple knife. I'm not a fan of something like lightsabers lol, and if it's not broke don't fix it. So melee weapons are relatively simple.
🖊+Rowan (still doing these?)
always! and Rowan is a great one to ask about because I'm still struggling to firmly develop her and Fang. but here we go~
Rowan, like Flynn, has a bit of a grunge aesthetic going on. For Rowan, however, it's intentional lol. She dresses like a fashionable punk and acts like one too. She #resists in all ways except for fighting. While she makes cash forging IDs and the like, she'll work free of charge for refugees or runaways.
She also wears glasses and likes the color orange.
93 for all of your characters (gimme them epic lines)
i do appreciate the ask. even more so i appreciate your confidence in me not to be a total let down in this category lmao. but i looked for a half hour for any interesting line in a RP or short story and i have nothing ;_;'' i'm a lame writer and my characters don't say anything cool
1. What is their gender?
2. What is their sexuality?
3. What is the meaning behind their name? Do
they have any nicknames?
4. Do they have any siblings? How many? Are they older or younger? Which sibling are they the closest with?
5. What's their relationship with their parents like? What about other relatives?
6. What would they give their life for?
7. Are they in a romantic relationship? With who? How did they meet?
8. What do they believe will happen to them after they die? Does this belief scare them?
9. What is their favorite color? Favorite animal?
10. What are some of their talents/skills?
11. If they could make a mark on history, what would they like it to be?
12. How old are they? When is their birthday?
13. What do they do for fun?
14. What is their favorite food? How often do they get to eat it?
15. What was something their parents taught them?
16. Are they religious?
17. Where were they born?
18. What languages can they speak? Where did they learn these languages?
19. What is their occupation?
20. Do they have any titles? How did they earn them?
21. What is their favorite thing about their personality?
22. What is their least favorite thing about their personality?
23. Do they get lonely easily?
24. Do you know their MBTI type?
25. What is their biggest flaw?
26. Are they aware of their flaws?
27. What is their biggest strength?
28. Are they aware of their strengths?
29. How would they describe their own personality?
30. When frightened, will they resort to “fight” or “flight”?
31. Does this character ever put somebody else’s needs before their own? Who do they do this for? How often do they do this?
32. What is their self esteem like?
33. What is their biggest fear? How would they react to having to face it?
36. What is their sense of humor like? Give an example of a joke they would find humorous.
37. How easy is it for them to say “I love you”? Do they say it without meaning it?
38. What do others admire most about their personality?
39. What does their happily ever after look like?
40. Who do they trust most? Is that trust mutual?
41. What does their laugh sound like? Do they snort when they laugh? How often do they laugh?
42. What is their favorite thing about their physical appearance?
43. What is their least favorite thing about their physical appearance?
44. Do they have any scars? If so, what are the stories behind those scars?
45. How would they describe their own appearance?
46. How easily can they express emotions? How easily can they hide emotions?
47. What’s their pain tolerance like?
48. Do they have any tattoos? What are the stories behind those tattoos?
49. Do they have any piercings?
50. How would you describe their style of clothing? How would they describe their style of clothing?
51. What is their height? Weight?
52. What is their body type? Are they muscular, chubby, skinny, etc?
53. What is their hair color? Eye color? Skin tone?
54. What is their current hairstyle? What have been some of their past hairstyles? Which was their favorite hairstyle?
55. What is their alcohol tolerance like? What kind of drunk are they? How bad are their hangovers?
56. What do they smell like? Why do they smell like this? (Is it the things they’re around or a perfume they wear?)
57. How do they feel about sex? Are they a virgin?
58. What is their most noticeable physical attribute?
59. What does their resting face look like? Do they have RBF?
60. Describe the way they sleep.
61. Which season is their favorite season?
62. Have they ever been betrayed? How did it affect their ability to trust others?
63. What is always guaranteed to make them smile?
64. Do they get cold easily? Do they get overheated easily?
65. What’s their immune system like? Do they get sick often? How do they react to getting sick?
66. Where do they live? Do they like it there?
67. Is their bedroom messy? What about their bathroom? Kitchen? Living room?
68. How did their environment growing up affect their personality?
69. How did the people in their environment growing up affect their personality?
70. How do they feel about animals? Do they have any pets?
71. How are they with children? Do they have any? Do they want any?
72. Would they rather have stability or comfort?
73. Do they prefer the indoors or outdoors?
74. What weather is their favorite? Do they like storms?
75. If given a blank piece of paper, a pencil, and nothing to do, what would happen?
76. How organized are they?
77. What is their most prized possession?
78. Who do they consider to be their best friend?
79. What is their economic situation?
80. Are they a morning person or a night owl?
81. Are they bothered by the sight of blood?
82. What is their handwriting like?
83. Can they swim? How well? Do they like to swim?
84. Which deadly sin do they represent best?
85. Do they believe in ghosts?
86. How do they celebrate holidays? How do they celebrate birthdays?
87. What is something they regret?
88. Do they have an accent?
89. What is their D&D alignment?
90. Are they right or left handed?
91. If they were a tweet, what tweet would they be?
92. Describe them as a John Mulaney gif.
93. What’s the most iconic line of dialogue they’ve ever said?
i'm rewatching RWBY; and in volume 1, Weiss reminds me so much of my Cori.
Well to give some context, Maia is my Warhammer 40k character for the Wrath & Glory game. She is essentially a space elf and ranger who explores and conquers in the name of her craftworld, Loreal.
Since the aldari are aliens and not proper elves, I've took some liberty with her design. While she has elf-like ears and the tallness, grace, and long limbs to match, I've taken it all a step further and loosely based the species on bugs. I gave the aldari alien eyes to match--and she's albino so her bug-like eyes are pink and the rest of her is white and ghostlike.
Space fantasy isn't really my thing, but I'm quite proud of the direction I went with her. Maybe if I ever feel confident enough, I'll share some sketches of her lol.
🖊 + Klaus?
Ah, thanks! I am feeling confident tonight. I will share an opener I used for my most recent and favorite RP with Klaus.
I'll throw it under the cut~
Alcohol hadn't done a thing for Klaus in centuries. So the people-person needed another excuse to loiter around pubs without angering bartenders. And that solution was billiards: he fed the bartender money to play for a few hours, made cash betting, and impressed men and women alike. It's what he was playing when Laurence arrived at the pub. At the other vampire's approach, he took his cue to sink the eight ball and offer the human player a smirk and his hand as he waited for the cash.
With a grumble, the human handed him some crumpled bills, and Klaus' smug smile became a friendly one as he faced the other vampire. "Hello, love," he greeted, dropping the cash into his pocket. Laurence may have noted the slight tension around Klaus' eyes--how the grin wasn't quite relaxed. Klaus wasn't often one to meet other vampires in secluded pubs and trust was difficult to earn--but at least they were in public. "Do you play?" he asked, nodding to the abandoned pool stick as he fished balls out of their pockets about the table.
Send me a “🖊+an OC“ and I will talk about that OC! It can be a headcanon, a fun fact, a small paragraph of backstory- anything!
Alternatively, send in just a “🖊“ and I will talk about any one of my OCs at random!
TRAITS + DETAILS.
bold what applies + tag mutuals to do the same in a new post !
PLACE IN SOCIETY
♦ Financial : wealthy / moderate / poor / in poverty / verse dependent
♦ Medical : fit / moderate / sickly / disabled / disadvantaged / verse dependent
♦ Class or Caste : upper / middle / working / slave / unsure / verse dependent
♦ Education : qualified / unqualified / studying / verse dependent
♦ Criminal Record : yes / yes, for minor crimes / no / has aided / committed
crimes but not caught yet / verse dependent
♦ Marital status : married - happily /married - unhappily / engaged or betrothed /
partnered / single / divorced / separated / widowed or widower / verse dependent
♦ Children : has a child or children / has no children / wants children / verse dependent
♦ Relationship with Family : close with sibling(s) / not close with sibling(s) / has no siblings / sibling(s) is deceased / verse dependent
♦ Affiliation : orphaned / adopted / disowned / raised by birth parent(s) / verse dependent
TRAITS + TENDENCIES
♦ extroverted / introverted / in between.
♦ disorganized / organized / in between.
♦ close-minded / open-minded / in between.
♦ calm / anxious / in between.
♦ disagreeable / agreeable / in between.
♦ cautious / reckless / in between.
♦ patient / impatient / in between.
♦ outspoken / reserved / in between.
♦ leader / follower / in between.
♦ empathetic / apathetic / in between.
♦ optimistic / pessimistic / in between.
♦ traditional / modern / in between.
♦ hard-working / lazy / in between.
♦ cultured / uncultured / in between.
♦ loyal / disloyal / in between.
♦ faithful / unfaithful / in between.
♦ Faith : monotheist / polytheist / atheist / agnostic / nontheistic.
♦ Belief in Ghosts or Spirits : yes / no / don’t know / don’t care.
♦ Belief in an Afterlife : yes / no / don’t know / don’t care.
♦ Belief in Reincarnation : yes / no / don’t know / don’t care.
♦ Belief in Aliens : yes / no / don’t know / don’t care.
♦ Philosophical : yes / no / don’t know / don’t care.
SEXUALITY & ROMANTIC INCLINATION
♦ Sexuality : heterosexual / homosexual / bisexual / asexual / demisexual.
♦ Sex : sex repulsed / sex neutral / sex favorable.
♦ Romance : romance repulsed / romance neutral / romance favorable.
♦ Sexually : adventurous / experienced / naive / inexperienced / curious.
♦ Potential Sexual Partners : male / female / agender / other / none / all.
♦ Potential Romantic Partners : male / female / agender / other / none / all.
♦ Combat Skills : excellent / good / moderate / poor / none.
♦ Literacy Skills : excellent / good / moderate / poor / none.
♦ Artistic Skills : excellent / good / moderate / poor / none.
♦ Technical Skills : excellent / good / moderate / poor / none.
♦ Drinking Alcohol : never / sometimes / frequently / to excess / verse dependent
♦ Smoking : trying to quit / has quit / never / sometimes / frequently / to excess / verse dependent
♦ Other Narcotics : never / has before / sometimes / frequently / to excess / verse dependent
♦ Medicinal Drugs : never / sometimes / frequently / to excess / verse dependent
♦ Indulgent Food : never / sometimes / frequently / to excess / verse dependent
♦ Splurge Spending : never / sometimes / frequently / to excess / verse dependent
♦ Gambling : never / sometimes / frequently / to excess / verse dependent
tagged by: no one! stolen from tumblr
i am self conscious about Cori because I've had her for a long time and she started out as a Total Mary Sue--and do not defend that, please!!!!!!--but I've developed her beyond that so I'm mostly satisfied. except now more and more characters in media keep showing up that are like her in so many ways and i just feel unoriginal even though she's my favorite lol.
8 for your top three faves
8. If your OC had to take the S.A.T. tomorrow with one night to prep, how would they do? both emotionally and academically.
- Favorite number one is Cori! She's always been a proper student and worker bee. And she's an adult with a family now, so if she suddenly had to take the SAT with such little notice, she'd be blindsided and nervous. With time to properly prepare, the SAT was a breeze for her, but now? She's not the type who does nothing, so she would spend the entire night preparing.
- Klaus is next--he's nearly a millenium in age. He's older than the SAT, and I think he'd be a bit cocky. What could they possibly test him on that he doesn't know? So he won't worry about it. But then when he takes it, he'll realize he's not as versed in things like math as he probably should be, lmao. A blow to his ego.
- Flynn! She's quite the opposite to Cori in prep and opposite to Klaus in results. She never properly graduated high school so the SAT wasn't something she ever studied for, but she's academically minded in her personal time. She's particularly interested in math and physics. And, despite being a burn out, she's surprisingly logically minded. So she wouldn't prep. She would show up, barely on time and a little nervous. But then she'd do fine--not excellent--but still better than I think Klaus and Cori.
1. On a scale of “is occasionally forced to bathe” to “Instagram model with sponsors to hoe for” how involved is your OC’s Skincare routine?
2. What are your OC’s food preferences?
3. What’s something pointless/petty/unimportant that annoys the hell out of your OC?
4. What’s your OC’s response to being asked for money by a homeless person?
5. Does your OC get lost easily? What do they do when they do get lost?
6. What would stop your OC from Doing The Right Thing in a tense situation?
7. Realistically, could your OC (in their normal circumstances, like their home) keep a small child alive for a week if they had to? A dog? A houseplant?
8. If your OC had to take the S.A.T. tomorrow with one night to prep, how would they do? both emotionally and academically.
9. What would cause your OC to chose to do something petty/pointlessly cruel?
10. How well would your OC handle being abducted by aliens?
11. What song is garunteed to get your OC beyond turnt and will be sung loudly and emabarrasingly, either in public or the shower?
12. What perfectly-normal-to-them-thing does your OC do that confuses/pisses off/terrifies thier neighbors?
13. Under what circumstances would your OC appear naked in public?
14. What thing did your OC’s parents do that your OC wishes they had a better explanation for?
15. How often does your OC “zone out” or do things on autopilot and how severe have the problems that have arisen from that been?
16. How strong or weak is your OC’s impulse control? What’s the worst thing that happened becuase of their impulsivity or inability to be so?
17. How does your OC sabotage themselves?
18. What’s the trashiest item in your OC’s wardrobe, when was the last time they wore it and why do they still have it?
19. How dehydrated is your OC right now? Are they going to fix this?
20. What’s your OC smell like?